- 200g/7oz of vegan Chorizo, in quarters
- 1/2 of small onion, chopped
- 120ml/4fl oz of soy/rice milk, unsweetened
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- In a non-stick skillet, cook the onion with the olive oil. Whenn it gets translucent, add the chorizo.
- Let it cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk and mix.
- Pour into a food processor and blend it until you get a paste.
So, here we have something super simple that my mum used to make to spread in our beach sandwiches. And, amazing as it might seem, only after 8 years without eating meat it came to my idea to make a vegan version of it! I know the vegan chorizos for some years now, the recipe is super simple, I’ve always loved it and only now it came to my mind! Who understands… And, on top of that, it turned out amazing! 😀
I thought making this paste for the exact same reason that my mum used to do: to make sandwiches to take to the beach. And I didn’t go to some ordinary beach. Me and the boyfriend went to Portinho da Arrábida beach, in Setúbal. It was the first time I went there and it’s so good! Even having a big amount of cars and a hard parking, it’s still amazing 🙂 The bad thing was that I was the driver, so I wanted to see the awesome views and I couldn’t 😦 it’s a winding road with precipices.